Our approach to family counseling generally includes one or multiple members of a family. As an example, teens and parents might work together with one of our therapist to compromise on an agreement and begin to build a road map for understanding and progress.
Parents and children of all ages may engage in art, experiential activities, or constructive guided discussion to increase understanding and discover new ways of relating to each other. Sometimes adult members of a family participate in counseling to address and resolve relationship problems or work to recover from past hurt and resentment.
Family Counseling can help with:
- Relationship Issues
- Children’s Issues including anxious behavior, aggression, explosiveness, misbehavior and dealing with loss and trauma
- Child, Adolescent, and Adult ADHD testing and support
- Adolescent Issues including self esteem, social problems, risky behavior and family conflicts
- Young Adult Issues including adjusting to social changes and challenges in school
- Parental Coaching
- Divorce Support and Mediation
- Divorce Support for Children
- Dealing with Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse Help